Caring in the Cape Community
Afternoons will consist of working on childrens projects –
• Reading and homework with children
• Games and play with children
• General support to care givers
• Being a role model for children
• Sharing of creative ideas and skills for creative arts project
• Facilitating a session with the children ( Every Friday )
• Sports activities with children eg. Netball, soccer etc
income for people.
Project starts every Monday.
You2Africa Cape Town Projects closed 10 December 2016 - 5th of January 2017
- The base camp for development projects is a perfect model representing growth, safety, natural beautiful and forward thinking.
- An opportunity to learn about organic farming from planting to the market, as well as to eat fresh veg!!
- To experience exciting development projects through the which includes working with youth, NGO`s, church groupsand prisons...to name a few. - To be in touch with the current Cape Town culture: Whilst staying at the volunteerhouse, you will have opportunities to attend local events
eg. Speak the Mind – Poetry Festival in September, Art Exhibitions, Multi Cultural Music Events, Organic Markets, Interfaith Events, Heritage Day Events An opportunity to develop yourself through the Art of Living Program or Responsibility Coaching ( in additional / optional add ons )
Daily yoga sessions, fresh air and good wholesome food to make sure you are fit for the wonderful work of volunteering
Working and living with fantastic people:- Candi and Amy ( Amy 17 years old , Candi`s love is community development.
- CAPE TOWN ORIENTATION: 3 nights accommodation,orientation that covers everything the volunteers need to know about staying in South Africa (from social skills to transport and safety), two meals per day, bus trip into town, lunch (on the Friday), walking tour of the city, a train ride back to there accommodation and a day trip (on the Saturday).
- All paperwork, placement and liasing with Volunteer Program
- Appointed Supervisor for duration of program
- Meals- Breakfast and Dinner
- Donation per month to the Volunteer Project, to assist in their funding.
- A South African sim card that works on a pay-as-you-go top up system
- Monthly socials for volunteers to get together and meet other volunteers (cost depends on social)
- Certificate & Report on Volunteer`s Program should this be required for studies or other purposes
- FREE 2 Hour Surf Lesson
- Medical Insurance which must include work, emergency evacuation. Please make sure you understand how your medical insurance works in South Africa as You2Africa will be unable to pay for any doctors accounts or the like in lieu of being refunded by the medical scheme
- Weekend excursions
- Local Transport for social activities
- Use of Phone: Landline or Mobile costs
- Towels and Toiletries
- Accommodation if you arrive before start date or after project end
- Transport to accommodation if you arrive before start date or leave after project end
All transport is included except for personal transport.
Daily departures will be between 08h00 – 09h00, returning afternoon between 3-5pm.
- Bike hire available at R 50.00 per bike per day
- Closest railway station – Fishhoek Station ( 7km`s )
- Closest taxi service – Long Beach Mall ( 1 km ) Regular bus service
- Accommodation consists of dormitory rooms sleeping no more than 4 volunteers.
- A communal lounge / kitchen area with fireplace, dining area, work desk ( internet connectivity ) is available for the volunteers use.
- In addition to the above there is also a Meditation /Prayer garden honoring all practices and lots of outdoor chill spots.
- There is a on-site office with computer, photocopy, fax, e-mail facilities.
*Volunteers will also be able to book day trips, adventure trips, car hire, air tickets... etc, through the office Family.
Lunches are for the volunteers own account and should be taken and eaten at the volunteer project.